One of the most discussed areas of our iOS redesign was the iPad experience and how it lacked certain usability features that made the previous version a pleasure to use. Thus we quickly tried to adapt what you told us was missing!
Here is a list of what we changed:
- We now have better split view in landscape mode and separate buttons to easily navigate through articles.
- Open the subscriptions drawer with swiping, not only from the hamburger menu.
- You can now swipe back from the Safari View (integrated browser). Previously it was only possible to close it from the “Close” button.
- Safari View (integrated browser) now always opens on full screen, even on landscape mode.
- Tree width now respects the device screen and will stretch on larger phones, giving more screen estate for your subscriptions.